14 Jun Phased Reopening – Starting June 15th
Hello to our Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Louisville family!
Well, the time is here! We are excited to announce that Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Louisville will be reopening on Monday, June 15 – although with certain restrictions outlined below. Although Governor Beshear has been vague on exactly what precautions we specifically need to take and when they should be implemented, gyms and fitness centers have been authorized to reopen on June 1 and we originally fell under that category. He then announced that Martial Arts Academies and Karate schools cannot reopen until June 15. We will be implementing a 3-Phase reopening procedure to get back to training. Of course, if there are any members who don’t feel comfortable and/or ready to return, simply let us know. Here is the breakdown for both Jiu-Jitsu and Kempo:
PHASE I – June 15-27
- Live solo drills at the academy while simultaneously broadcasting on Zoom for home viewers
- Taped off sections for students to individually train in, in order to maintain social distancing
- Limited class sizes (15-20) – sign up online on a first come, first serve basis – Current Students reserve your class spot here.
- Students are to remain in vehicle until 10 mins before scheduled class time
- Temperature check at front desk
- Students must fill out questionnaire and new waiver (only first time returning during reopening)
- Staff will pull cards upon arrival
- Staff will be required to wear facemask (optional for students in class)
- Students must wear gi into academy (changing rooms are only open for exigent circumstances)
- Students must utilize hand sanitizing station immediately upon arrival and immediately after class
- Class times will be reduced to 45 minutes in order to sanitize before the next class
- Students are required to sanitize training area with supplied equipment as soon as class ends
PHASE II – June 28 – July 11
- Practice with a partner, but repetitions only – no sparring.
- All other Phase I restrictions still apply
Phase III – July 13
Business as usual – all restrictions lifted
We are excited to get everything back to normal as soon as possible and see our beloved martial arts family again in person! Your safety and comfort is our number one priority and we will continue to take extra precautions as recommended by the CDC.
Again, we cannot begin to thank each of you enough for your continued support over these past few months. We also recognize that all of you have been impacted in one way or another by the pandemic. If there is anything you ever need, please don’t hesitate to ask. See you on the 15th!